Air Conditioning Tips For Summer
- Check your air-conditioning and heating equipment before the beginning of a new season. Turn on the system and make sure it is operating and then call ServiceMark Heating Cooling & Plumbing to schedule the Annual Tune-Up to keep everything working smoothly.
Note: Annual tune-ups prolong equipment life and reduce the need for service calls.
- Check and replace your furnace and air-conditioning filters every month. There are several types from which to choose, depending on your needs. Fiberglass filters last only one month, while other filters typically last three to four months. HEPA filters last up to six months and can be cleaned with a vacuum nozzle.
Note: The technician from ServiceMark will replace your supplied filter for you.
Note: If there is a clear plastic tube running to a condensate pump from this opening, you can clear the entire line and test the condensate pump for proper operation by pouring water in the top opening and watching it pump the water away. This is one of the many checkpoints a ServiceMark Air Conditioning technician will perform for you during an annual HVAC tune-up.
3. Make sure weeds and tree debris are off the outside Heat Pump or Central Air Conditioning condensing unit allowing the unit to breathe Make sure shrubbery is not growing within 24 inches of the unit.
Let ServiceMark come to the rescue if you have AC problems!
RECIPE: Summer Salad with Pasta and Fruit
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, raise the heat slightly and cook until the corn is heated through and golden, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the vegetables, butter, and basil to the pasta and toss.
Meet Dan Rich – Service Supervisor
Dan Rich is a NATE certified technician -(National Association of Technician Excellence), and a valuable ServiceMark employee who loves a good challenge! Dan works out of the King of Prussia Pennsylvania office and has over 25 years of experience in the HVAC industry.
As Dan has said many times, “I like to investigate the core problem with a heating or cooling system failure and figure out what is wrong, why it happened and fix it once and for all!” “Sometimes a system should be replaced rather than repaired time after time” Dan notes. “My duty to the customer is to advise and educate them helping them make the proper decision” Dan adds.
He also likes to teach other ServiceMark repair technicians on how to thoroughly diagnose HVAC problems and properly inform the customer afterward, so that everyone understands the service that was provided.
Dan is married and has two daughters.
When Dan isn’t working or taking his daughters to music recitals (both children are accomplished musicians), he enjoys cooking for the family!
Current Manufacturer and Utility Rebates
The 2016 Spring Season offers several special equipment rebates available to homeowners who purchase and install new high-efficiency HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) systems.
The major system manufacturers such as Lennox, Carrier, and Daikin offer air conditioning rebates as high as $1,700!
These special one-time rebates CAN BE COMBINED with more rebates being offered by the local utility – in Pennsylvania, it’s PECO ENERGY – and other organizations like the Philadelphia Electrical Association. Let’s review.
Here is a great place to start to learn about what different rebates are offered for new Heat Pumps, new Central Air Conditioning systems and much more. Just click here.
The “Smart House Program” even offers assistance with home energy audits and tune-ups – all to save energy!
CLICK HERE to learn more and sign up to participate.
Hint: ServiceMark Heating Cooling & Plumbing is a registered contractor for PECO and can be your solution when needing a Heat Pump or Air Conditioning service, maintenance or replacement.
Electrical Association of Philadelphia
Talk to our Home Comfort Specialists who can help you secure up to $700 in additional rebates when purchasing a new high – efficiency central air conditioning or heat pump system. These types of rebates can be combined with manufacturer rebates. Go check out these rebates for yourself by clicking here: https://www.eap.org/rebate.html.
All the different major equipment manufacturers offer a Spring Season rebate at one amount or another. The key to capturing the most rebates and discounts as possible is by consulting with the experts at ServiceMark Heating Cooling & Plumbing who specialize in helping customers achieve the greatest savings possible! This season, one manufacturer is offering up to $1,700 off in rebates and that rebate can be used and added to the PECO rebates.
Again, as this gets a bit complicated, we stand ready to guide you, not only in the proper system and rebate selections, but the needed follow-up paperwork to make sure you receive the proper rebate amounts!
The three manufacturers listed above all offer rebates and we are premier dealers for all of them and can assist you in providing all the options and information you will need to make that informed decision.
As always, we are standing by ready to help – contact us today!