“BUT ANOTHER HVAC COMPANY WAS HERE AND DID NOT RED-TAG MY EQUIPMENT.”
At ServiceMark Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we are concerned with safety and are always doing our best to raise the bar regarding safety for both you, our valued customer, and our employees. By “Yellow Tagging” your equipment, our field technician has figured out that needed measures must be applied to ensure your safety. A Yellow Tag means that the issue can be corrected once the needed measures have been implemented.
A note about Carbon Monoxide:
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless and poisonous gas that burns with a pale-blue to yellow flame, produced when carbon burns with a lack of air. Any fuel – propane, natural gas, kerosene, oil, wood, coal or charcoal – can produce Carbon Monoxide when there is insufficient air for the combustion process.
ASSESSING THE POTENTIAL PRESENCE OF CARBON MONOXIDE (CO)
1. Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector that has been alarmed?
2. Any members of the household ill with the following symptoms: fatigue, headache, nausea, shortness of breath, dizziness? Do these symptoms seem to improve when they get out of the house?
3. Have you noticed condensation/moisture on on your walls and windows, other than above your kitchen sink, or in bathrooms?
4. Is there any water rusting, streaking, debris or soot on chimney, vents, or equipment?
5. Have you smelled any unfamiliar burning odors from your fuel burning equipment?
6. Are your houseplants dying?
7. Do you have any pets that have become sluggish or ill?
If you answered yes to some of the above, it could indicate the potential presence of CO. You should call an expert right away to assess the situation and to ensure that you and your family are safe in your home.
Please never hesitate to call the HVAC experts at ServiceMark, an established full -service contractor doing business in Delaware, Eastern Maryland and Pennsylvania since 1951. We’re always here to help, guide and protect your home and family. A call to ServiceMark will result in a friendly conversation with our knowledgeable Customer Service Representatives who standby on a 24/7 basis.
Comments are closed.