In recent years the exploration and development of natural gas from shale has led to extremely low prices, especially when compared to heating oil costs. So changing your heating system from heating oil to natural gas could be a no-brainer depending on your present system and availability of gas in your area. The difference is so great in many cases that the costs for a typical residential conversion to natural gas could be re-couped within five years and sometimes even sooner.
There are other benefits derived from converting to natural gas besides the money saved in long-term energy consumption. These benefits include:
– Fuel is payed for as you use it and not before.
– Gas is readily available and not stored in a tank.
– Natural gas is better for the environment as they reduce green-house gases and other pollutants.
– Converting to natural gas is advantageous for the country – all the gas you will consume is produced in the United States.
– In the home, natural gas can also be used for cooking, producing efficient domestic hot water, drying clothes and powering your fireplace and/or outdoor BBQ.
– Your home will be less drafty and cleaner as high-efficiency gas heating equipment uses outside air and doesn’t waste heat up a chimney.
So get rid of that old oil tank and call your Heating, Cooling and Plumbing experts at ServiceMark and let us explain to you all the benefits of switching to natural gas today.
Comments are closed.